Henley on Thames (Henley Boat Races) Virtual Tour
This virtual tour combines three interactive panoramas, linked to each other by symbols and through a map:
- The Henley Boat Houses area, close to the start of the race course
- The Remenham/Fawley Court area, around the middle of the race course
- Temple Island, with the sponsor's hospitality area
This virtual tour has been created in the morning of the day of the Newton's Women's Boat Race and the Henley Boat Races.
- Canon 5D Mark II with Really Right Stuff L-Plate
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L USM lens
- Gitzo G1325 carbon fibre tripod
- Really Right Stuff BH-55 ball head and Multi-Row Pano Elements Package
How it was done:
The photography was done in the morning, before the races. For each panorama a single row of photos has been taken, with a focal length of 45mm for Temple Island, 47mm for Fawley Court, and 24mm for the Henley Boat Houses.
The resulting images have been edited, then stitched together, edited again, and then turned into a cylindrical panorama.
This interactive panorama exists in two different versions: One is using, if available, the Adobe Flash Player, the other uses HTML5. The Flash version allows viewing in screen mode, the HTML5 version works on almost all devices that don't have Flash (Apple mobile devices).
The map, shown in the HTML5 version, uses data from OpenStreetMap (Google Maps could be used instead, but would require the payment of a hefty licence fee). The point of view, view direction, and angle of view are indicated by the yellow "radar beam".